[X4U] Ipodshuffle

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Jan 13 02:36:57 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 01:28:31PM -0800, revDAVE wrote:
:
: On 1/12/05 7:50 AM, "FC Farwell" <frankfarwell at mac.com> wrote:
:
: > But having 512MB compared to 128MB on the other units being sold is a
: > Big Plus in my estimation. 128 or even 256 for $100-150 is just
: > ridiculous. Others will have to lower there price add more memory or
: > get wiped off the map?
:
: Here's a link to some  competitive deals -  just for the sake of argument
:
: EX:
:
: RIO NITRUS 1.5 GB HDD, USB 2.0 , 25 HOURS OF MP3 OVER 375 SONGS. $169.00
:
: http://shop3.outpost.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&query_string=mp3&cat=&submit.x=12&submit.y=12

Pay $169 for a 1.5 GB hard disk player?  It's the size of a small stop
watch, so it doesn't fit in my hand comfortably, the little joystick
is gay, there's too many buttons and other controls on such a physically
small device, it's also butt-ugly, and the list price is $199.

I'd rather spend a little more for a 4 GB iPod mini.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/