[X4U] Mac Mini!!!

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Thu Jan 13 05:25:26 PST 2005

On 13 Jan 2005, at 12:41, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> On 1/13/05 1:22 PM, "verduron" <verduron at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Simple math: iWork + Tiger is nearly the price of the computer itself.
>> Some pocket change and you have it!
>
> Um, I'd check that math... iWork and Tiger come to about $200. Add in
> iLife,
> and that's about $280. Still far from the cost of the computer.

Still I don't understand...
If I understood correctly, the idea would be to buy Mac mini and get a
CD/DVD with Tiger and iWork and use those CD to upgrade your main
computer while loading the Mc mini with your old software, right?
Could this be possible? I think the original disks wouldn't be able to
boot/install a different kind of Mac

regards,
Silvo

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.5GHz/1.5Gb RAM/80Gb HD/OS10.3.5
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.3.5/17" display
E-mail: silvoc at tiscali.it
Cambridge
UK