[X4U] logicboard problem

chronos326 at earthlink.net chronos326 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 13 11:01:31 PST 2005

Hi all,
I have a powermac g4 quicksilver 2002 model w/ 1 gig of ram and a 1.2 gig processor w/ a superdrive and an internal 250 zipdrive. Yesterday my airport internet was unable to connect. So I ran some basic trouble shooting steps to no avail. Things I have done, fsck repair permissions, ran disk warrior and TTP4 and defragmented my hard drive. After all that upon restarting the final time the finder kept crashing and the clock said it had been reset to 1969. So I ran the apple hardware test cd and it said the logic board failed. Also it gave me the error message of scc_3/7/. Im not sure what that means but I think its pointing to the battery that stores the settings for the clock and other things. Most of my preferences were reset to the defaults as well. I have comp usa and frys here as well to buy parts.
Thanx,
spoonbender...