[X4U] Stopping Web Browsing

Milton van der Veen miltonlist at hurontel.on.ca
Thu Jan 13 17:50:24 PST 2005

I was setting up an account for a youngster and didn't want him to be
able to browse the web but did want him to be able to use email. I used
the Some Limits > Limitations tab to turn off Safari and I turned on
Mail and Quicktime Player.

Then I logged into the account and -- sure enough -- when I clicked on
Safari in the dock it told me I was not allowed to use it.

But when I went to Quicktime Player I was invited to watch Steve Jobs'
keynote so I clicked on the button and Safari opened up. ??????

I imagine the same thing would happen if I clicked on a link in Mail.

So, how do I remove web browsing? Do I have to remove Safari from the
machine or is there something I'm missing here?

Milton