[X4U] installer app not working

spoonbender chronos326 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 13 20:15:01 PST 2005

Hi all,
I have a powermac g4 quicksilver (2002) w/ 1 gig of ram and 1.2 gig
processor w/ a superdrive and an internal zipdrive. Im running mac os x
10.3.7 (panther). For some reason the installer app is not working. I
downloaded the new version of iTunes and the .pkg opens just fine and
then get to the first installer window and click continue and get to
the second window of 'important information' and thats it. The
installer app is frozen solid. The only thing I can do is force-quit.
I`ve tried running software update and that freezes at 'waiting for
local disks'. So I`m at a loss. My first thought is just to use
pacifist and reinstall the app. but I thought Id ask and get opinions
first.
Thanx,
spoonbender...