[X4U] re: getting rid of the airport indicator in the menu bar

Berndt  Farwer farwer at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jan 14 04:06:02 PST 2005

actually there's no benefit for you in having that menu bar item for
you. It only toggle AirPort(Card) on/off - to save energy - and lets
you know the quality of the (wireless) signal you are receiving - which
you are not being connected to the ABS by Ethernet. You can however
have an Ethernet menu bar icon, which gives you quick access to the
Internet Connect utility ...