[X4U] G5 owerBook and iBook?!?!?

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Fri Jan 14 09:57:29 PST 2005

On Jan 14, 2005, at 12:50 PM, Michael J. Prevost wrote:

> For what it's worth... Digitimes says that Quanta Computer, the
> Taiwanese contract manufacturer that builds the PowerBook for Apple,
> has received a massive order for the PowerBook G5.
>
>      http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20050114A7040.html
>
> Is this bogus, or an error? Or is this a real peek into the supply
> chain??  Hmmm.

Who knows?  But it's been so long since a speed bump and now that the
cheapest mac sports almost the same speed processor that the high end
powerbooks have, it's time for something.

I'm sure Powerbook sales are dwindling as the low end that wants
portability snap up iBooks and the high end is waiting waiting waiting
for that oh so elusive G5 "WhiffleBook".

I'm waiting, Apple!  A G4 speedbump ain't gonna cut it.
I won't replace my Rev. A Lunchtray with anything else but a G5
Powerbook.

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 1.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.7