[X4U] Powerbook power button...

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Jan 16 10:44:12 PST 2005

Putting my Powerbook to sleep is starting to annoy me. I can do it in
two ways, either by reaching into the corner of the screen for the
Apple menu & choosing sleep there, or by pressing the handy
power-button by the keyboard.

Unfortunately, when I choose the latter, I still have to use the mouse
(or trackpad), because I get a window of 4 options come up, and I have
to click on the "sleep" option. If I wished to shutdown, I could just
press the enter key, as this is highlighted in blue, but I almost never
want to shut-down the machine - does anyone know if it's possible to
change the default, so that I can put my Powerbook to sleep just by
pressing the power button and then "enter"?

TIA for any suggestions,

Stroller.

PS: slot-loading iMacs - replacing the internal drive with a CD- or
DVD-writer. Is it possible? I have seen a couple of places
<http://www.mcetech.com/imacrw.html>
<http://www.wegenermedia.com/imaccd.htm> that want quite a lot of money
for these drives - will a standard slot-loading laptop drive fit?