[X4U] iDisk odness

Jan Melichar janmel at mac.com
Tue Jan 18 10:33:21 PST 2005

Recently when synchronizing my iDisk I notice some odd files being
apparently synchronized. These are not files of my making nor can they
be found anywhere on the iDisk or my computer. Any clues to what is
going on here would be appreciated.

These files are prefixed with numbers such as 33 as in
'33--#$!@%#--spacer.gif' . I have not noticed at what number they start
at or end but there are dozen of them.

I don't know what the process of synchronizing involves but do wonder
why sometimes the information displayed at the bottom of the window
suggest that files which have not moved or been change for days are
being synchronize (presumably copied). Apart from wanting to better
understand what is going on I'm also a bit fed up with the time it is
taking to synch files. I used to leave automatic synch on which made
the whole process wonderfully seamless but it payed havoc with windows
in list view so I gave up.

Any clues to the causes of this odd behavior would be appreciated.

Jan