[X4U] Off topic but badly need a answer

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Tue Jan 18 19:13:30 PST 2005

On Jan 18, 2005, at 8:43 PM, Robert wrote:

> I have a vcd that I have to get the video and audio off so that it can
> be edited. I believe that it is a svcd. It has two file folders One
> listed as AUDIO_TS  and the other as VIDEO_TS.  What program can I use
> to pull the audio and video off of this disk?  Can the data then be
> put into imovie so that it can be edit? Any information will be
> appreciated. TIA  Bob

That's  no SVCD, that's a DVD. If you need to edit the video in it, use
MacTheRipper to copy the files to your hard drive and then use MPEG
StreamClip to convert it to DV.

Others may offer alternative software titles to do the same thing. I
like MacTheRipper and MPEG StreamClip the best.
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com