[X4U] [OT] Skype microphone

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Thu Jan 20 06:26:22 PST 2005

Hi Roy,

> Is ones voice markedly better using a microphone or is the in-built
> mike adequate? I am using a PB 17" 1Ghz with 1 gig ram.
I use both an headset and the internal mic. Of course the sound quality
is better with the headset, but if you use earphones and the internal
mic the sound quality is more than adequate if the environment is not
noisy.

> Where is the mike located on the PB? In other words, where should I
> direct my voice?
 From the Apple documentation
"the integrated microphone is located underneath the left speaker grill
near the Tab key."
I haven't noticed any difference directing the voice toward the left or
the right speaker.

> I have a friend talking to me via a windows machine, but he has a mike
> and is very clear. When I talk to the Skype "echo123" service I can
> hear myself quite clearly
Do you use earphones? Otherwise the sound from the  speaker will
interfere.

Silvo

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.5GHz/1.5Gb RAM/80Gb HD/OS10.3.5
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.3.5/17" display
E-mail: silvoc at tiscali.it
Cambridge
UK