[X4U] Need Finder help

Keith Whaley keith_w at dslextreme.com
Fri Jan 21 09:30:00 PST 2005

Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> Keith,
>
> This is the right place for your question. Unfortunately I don't have an
> answer for you. I just tried what you described in 10.3.7 and the status
> changed "not indexed" to  "Indexing" and the "Index Now" button changed
> to a "Stop Indexing" button. I'm sure someone on this list will have an
> answer for you.
>
> Mark Des Cotes
> Systems Manager/Graphic Designer
>
> Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
> 3308 Second Street East
> Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
> T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
> www.astroprinting.com

Thank you, Mark. That is precisely what I expected, but did not get. For
whatever reason.
I'm approaching my foray into OS upgrading to Panther little by little.
I have another 80 Gb HD to install, figuring that backing up to a hard
drive would be cleaner than using DVDs.
I think I should do that first, and do a clean install of the Panther
OS, before I start messing with other installations.

I have not backed up since I put this new HD/CPU into operation some
months ago.
Scary! But, I've come to the point that not being able "to find the
time" to do it all is going to reach up and bite me in the butt!

Thanks for the answer. I'll patiently await the discussion of my question.

keith whaley