[X4U] 1 DIMM

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Jan 21 22:54:34 PST 2005

Paul Moortgat said:

>I've the feeling that the new mini Mac has only one place to put a
>memory DIMM in.  Is this so?

Yes. There is only one RAM slot in the Mac Mini.

>I convinced a brother in law to buy one.
>Just to have it right I advised him to have more memory.  One has to do
>this when one order one.  Afterwards it's more expensive.

You can do it yourself.  It isn't terribly hard...
http://www.smashsworld.com/2005/01/taking-apart-mac-mini-how-to.php

and it does not void the warranty.
http://apple.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000917027372/

You can get a 1GB DDR PC2700 SO-DIMM for the Mac Mini for US$239 (About
184.50 Euros) from Other World Computing:

http://eshop.macsales.com/AddToBasket.cfm?ID=6576&Item=OWC2700DDRS1GBA

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html