[X4U] HP OfficeJet G85 and Classic MacOS 9

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Wed Jan 26 12:54:53 PST 2005

I have an old app that runs in classic mode on MacOS X. I use the
OfficeJet named in the subject with a JetDirect printer server. The old
app cannot print as MacOS 9 complains that the driver is not installed.

I have installed the printer for OS X, and it works. The HP
documentation implies that the OS X installer will place the
appropriate files in the OS 9 system as well. This does not seem to be
the case. How do I get this to work? Maybe it cannot?

Has anyone experience with the HP and a similar set up?

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com
On the phone at 619 444-9210