[X4U] [OFF] Retailer that ships internationally?

individual individual at mi.cl
Fri Jan 28 16:28:01 PST 2005

Hi.

I've been dormant on the list for quite a while, and I now have a
question that would be best answered by the wise and experienced folk
on this list.

I don't live in the US; I live in Santiago, Chile. I have decided to
buy an iBook, but buying it here costs about 1000 dollars more than
buying it in the US. Luckily I have a willing friend up there who will
help out.

The Apple Store will not ship internationally, will not accept payment
from credit cards whose billing address is not in the US and will not
ship to freight reshippers (I believe that's what they called them).
This is unfortunate, as I wish to customize the iBook, adding more RAM
and a bigger HD.

The only big retailer I could think of was Smalldog.com, but their
contract with Apple does not allow them to ship internationally.

Does anyone here have any experience with Apple retailers that will
customize your order and also ship internationally?

If necessary, I can always ship it to my friend's house, and have him
send it via UPS. So my second question would be, what online Apple
retailers would you recommend?

Thanks!

Paul