Re(2): [X4U] Protecting Folders

Thomas Bulat tombulat at comcast.net
Mon Jul 4 07:16:54 PDT 2005

Hi RevDave
You could make an encrypted disk image "disk" for your data which you
want to keep encrypted - like file vault. You simply mount the disk to
use it (at which time you will use a password). Make aliases for all
your data and put it in your home folder in the same places as your
original data.

I keep all my data in a number of these disk images. If my computer
breaks and I have to send it in for service, I don't have to worry about
prying eyes. Also, a great way to backup and keep organized and at the
same time keep your data safe.

You treat them like hard drives, so it's a good idead to run disk
utility on them to check for integrity, from time to time.

So long for now, TOM