[X4U] junk filter

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Jul 5 07:24:53 PDT 2005

On Jul 4, 2005, at 8:58 PM, Crandon David wrote:

> Yeah, I get the same one, over and over again. Every once in a
> while they change the gif, but I can tell it's the same company.
> It's been going on for a couple of years, and Mail never learns itl.

Does it meet one of the "exempt" criteria? If you look in the Junk
Mail panel of Preferences, the default is that it won't label
messages as junk if the sender is in your address book, previous
recipients list, or use your full name.

Considering that much of the "junk" I get is from addresses within my
own department (either spoofed or infected PC), that often defeats
the filter with default settings.

-Mike