[X4U] Save WMP video

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Jul 6 04:17:25 PDT 2005

On Jul 6, 2005, at 11:55 am, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> I would like to save the file from
> http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~panugant/downloads/chineese.wmv
> It's a nice show and I want to keep it.

Erm... and? If I click on that link it downloads the .wmv file to my
desktop. I have OmniWeb set as my defalt browser, but would have
thought that Safari would do the same thing.

Windows Media Files are usually self-contained, so I think you can
store the downloaded movie wherever you want. Certainly, I can
double-click on the chineese.wmv file on my desktop and play & skip
through the movie.

In case Safari _does_ behave differently, open a terminal & type `curl
-O http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~panugant/downloads/chineese.wmv`
(without the quotes). The movie will be saved in your current working
directory.

Stroller.