[X4U] Applescript to remove spare drive

Scott scott-xlists at scotist.com
Thu Jul 7 15:52:32 PDT 2005

On Jul 7, 2005, at 8:50 AM, Bill White wrote:

> On 7/7/05 11:36 AM, Simon Forster <simon-lists at ldml.com> wrote:
>

>>> try
>>>     tell application "Finder" to eject "Spare"
>>> end try
>>>

>> The second one should be:
>>
>> tell application "Finder" to eject disk "Spare"
>>

> Actually, both "eject" or "eject disk" work fine, as long as the
> disk is
> mounted. Both of these work fine for me running 10.4.1.
>
> -- Bill

Throw in an on error clause.  Then maybe it will tell you what the
problem is.

tell application "Finder"
     try
         eject disk "spare"
     on error errText
         display alert errText
     end try
end tell

If it says "finder can't get disk 'spare'", try adding a short delay
before the eject disk clause. "delay n" will pause for n seconds.

--
Scott