[X4U] Double Apps in "Open With" menu

Kirk McVey mail at kirkmcvey.com
Fri Jul 8 05:18:10 PDT 2005

In the finder, when I right-click on a file (a .jpg for example) and
select the "Open With" menu, I get a double listing of all the
programs that could open it (Photoshop twice, Illustrator twice,
Safari twice, etc.). I've searched for duplicates and there are none.
I've also looked in the contextual menus folders and don't see anything.
What am I missing? Does any one else have/had this issue? If you
could direct me, I'd appreciate it. I'm using OS X 10.4.1.