[X4U] List Threading and subject changes

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Fri Jul 8 17:44:58 PDT 2005

On 6/9/05 11:06 AM, "Steve Self" <steveself at mac.com> wrote:

> Hey, can you all simply click-n-hold on the Reply-To address and then
> select New Message to start a new topic on the list?
>
> This rather than the lazy habit of hitting reply and then just
> changing the subject...
> Cause threading mixes in your lazy-new-topic with the prior topic.
>
> Let's keep threading workable rather than messed up due to laziness
> and uniformed work flow methods.

This is interesting ... I'm sure I have been guilty of this myself in the
past - however I am not sure how or why this happens.  Is there some hidden
"threading" feature that messes up the subject lines that I do not know
about?

I am using entourage and I personally have never seen a problem myself ...
Maybe I am not using  some feature? Can you explain what the symptoms are
and why they happen? I looked in the source code of this e-mail and also the
contextual menu choices and did not see any particular commands relating to
threading...?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com