[X4U] Reading plist data (was: XML DTDs)

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Jul 9 19:19:35 PDT 2005

On 07/09/05, Rick Nagle <cms01 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> All in well, expect, I want to decode the <data> part
> of this, to which I ask, what application would do this?

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. IIRC, you need a hex to string
translator to read plist data arrays. Here's one, using Applescript, that
you can run in the Script Editor-copy the data and insert it  into the
first line:

set hex to "PASTE THE DATA YOU GET FROM THE PLIST INTO THIS BLOCK"
set str to HexToString(hex)
on HexToString(hex)
	do shell script "echo " & hex & " | perl
-ple's/([0-9a-fA-F]{2})/chr(hex($1))/ge' "
end HexToString
get str