[X4U] Could you guys test this script for me?

Crandon David tabdave at comcast.net
Sun Jul 10 09:16:32 PDT 2005

Hello Everyone,

I'm still having problems with the Applescript that dismounts my
backup  drive at startup. I have this done so nobody who uses the
computer accidentally gets into the backup drive and messes something
up.

I wonder if a few of you could test this script for me. I've found
that after upgrading to Tiger, this script no longer works to
dismount my backup drive at startup. I've tried all the suggestions
given to me in the forum.

Just copy/paste the below script into a new Script Editor window.
Change the name of course to the exact name of your backup drive.
Press Compile and then save the script as an application. Then, in
your Accounts preference pane, choose the script as a Login Item.

Obviously, you need to have Tiger and have a separate drive.

I'd really appreciate some people testing this for me. It's driving
me nuts.

Thanks again, David

tell application "Finder"
     eject disk "Spare"