[X4U] cnn video not working with the mac?

Adam Bass abasscube at mac.com
Mon Jul 11 21:00:59 PDT 2005

On Jul 2, 2005, at 12:02 PM, revDAVE wrote:

> On 6/24/05 9:42 PM, "Robert Nicholson" <robert at elastica.com> wrote:
>

>> Why is that Fox News manages to get WMP video to the Mac but CNN
>> can't.
>>
>> It's really annoying that I cannot play CNN's video even on WMP on
>> the Mac because they don't
>> detect it's presence correctly. Just send me the video with the right
>> content-type and I'm good to go.
>>

> Cnn and fox videos working fine on both safari and IE on 10.3.9 for
> me.....

Hmm, I can't get the CNN videos to work on my machine either. The FOX
videos work fine. I don't seem to be getting the same error as a
couple people said: it just pops up a window that says Windows Media
Player is not detected, and provides me with a link to download WMP 9
for the Mac, which of course I have. Again, the CNN videos work fine.
Haven't tried IE, only Safari. 10.4.1.

Adam