[X4U] So 10.4.2 out and rsync is still broken?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Jul 12 20:32:59 PDT 2005

>So it doesn't look like 10.4.2 addressed any of the problems with rsync 2.6.3
>
>It still bus errors

Sheesh!  Quite bluntly put, rsync is one of the only compelling
reasons for me to upgrade to 10.4.  The only really good reason is
the improved font handling in X-Windows.

The weekend before last I lost my 2 month old 300GB drive I bought
for the 10.4 upgrade, as a result I'm currently back to running
10.3.9, and am seriously considering staying there for the
foreseeable future.

Since Apple decided to re-drop classic Appletalk support, I have a
*very* good reason to stick with 10.3.9.  At least until they decide
to include decent NFS support.  As far as I know no one has gotten
NFS working between OpenVMS and Mac OS X, and I know quite a few
people have tried.

The *ONLY* thing I miss about not running 10.4.x is the better font
support in X-Windows, I sure don't miss the increased RAM usage.

			Zane