[X4U] iDisk hosting images requires password?

Steve Talkowski stevetalkowski at mac.com
Wed Jul 13 10:00:46 PDT 2005

In the past I was able to use my Public folder on iDisk to host
images that later would be accessed via a direct link when posting to
web forums.

When testing that theory currently, I get the following dialogue box
prompt:

 > To view this page, you need to log in to area "idisk.mac.com" on
idisk.mac.com.
 > Your password will be sent in the clear>
 > Name:
 > Password:
 > Remember this password in my keychain

I don't recall this being necessary in the past.  Has something
changed with the permissions on iDisk accounts?

For example, tell me if you can click on this link and see the image
being referenced:

http://idisk.mac.com/stevetalkowski/Public/shot05.jpg

Curiously,

-Steve