[X4U] neo-office

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Thu Jul 14 09:58:44 PDT 2005

On Jun 28, 2005, at 1:44 AM, Mitchell Senft wrote:

> There's a new stable release this week. I had the last release
> installed on the aged G4 and ever since, I noticed a hit in all around
> performance on the machine whether or not NO was running. Anyone have
> a similar experience? And has anyone noticed anything like a
> performance hit with the current version? In other words, is it really
> safe to install? (IIRC, it was generally stable enough, but the
> performance drain is an issue.)

Your note piqued my interest so I upgraded to the new NeoOffice stable
release on June 30. I didn't notice any immediate difference. The
release seems to be pretty good, but do take care to install the latest
update.

In the past two or three days, I have noticed a general sluggishness
but I cannot say that it is directly related to NeoOffice. I am using a
dual 2GHz G5, 2GB RAM, running 10.3.9.

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com