[X4U] OT - Unscientific Speed Test - PC-Mac-FileMaker

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Fri Jul 15 07:51:55 PDT 2005

On 7/14/05 5:26 PM, "Edward Hillenbrand" <contact at verticaleye.net> wrote:

> Interesting comparison.  I wouldn't concluded that the PCs are faster
> based on this.  You have perhaps shown that the Windows version of
> FileMaker is faster than the Mac version, but I wouldn't even say
> that without a little extra data.  Could you reply with how much of
> the CPU FileMaker was using on each computer during each test?

  I closed as many applications as possible, including things like Quick
keys, and I opened the activity monitor and ran same two tests. Here are the
results:

Test 1: looping  400 records in filemaker 6 (Involving scrolling and screen
redraws/refresh etc.)

 activity Monitor = 90.5% CPU

Test 2: loop 1 to 20000 in filemaker 6...

 activity Monitor = 96.5% CPU

 can someone please explain the relevance of these numbers to me - cause I'm
not sure what they mean?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com