[X4U] Re: Good Reading

RR robertr71 at san.rr.com
Sun Jul 17 11:37:58 PDT 2005

It's the industry's dirty little secret.  It's very expensive for our
company to keep all the Windoze boxes functioning.  Most of my
associates are "experts" and do a reasonable job at controlling the
mess at work.  Most of us don't use windoze full time at home, it's
just to big a headache.  I talked a friend into dumping her XP laptop
and getting an iBook.  She was pretty upset with it for the first week
or so, but she has warmed up to it.  Now you can't shut her up she
raves about it so much.  She's a total novice, and was the perfect
"mark" for all the malware vomit spewed into her windoze life.  Her old
dell laptop?, the cat got to it and damn near caught it on fire, it's
now languishing in the dump.

BTW: dell's quality control doesn't exist anymore, they are ravenous
about squeezing price and schedule from their suppliers.  The net
result is a pc that is a hyped piece of crap foisted on an unsuspecting
public.  It's the physical equivalent of the vicious malware that comes
to dominate the hard drive 8 minutes after you connect to the web.

Apples new motto should be- get a mac, get a life.