[X4U] Re: Good Reading

RR robertr71 at san.rr.com
Sun Jul 17 22:13:37 PDT 2005

Absolutely,  Apple's opportunity is staggering given the gigantic
plague infesting the windoze world.  If they do the pentium processor
integration right, they could easily be at 20% market share in 5 years
(longhorn will be delayed another year by then).  OS X on a pentium box
that could boot windoze.  It would fly into most companies under the
"its a windoze box" on the PO.  Then once it hits the desk, it'll never
leave OS X, and the secretaries,  marketing mavens and program managers
won't care either way.  They'll happily run office, bill will get his
windoze tax (maybe- he still excludes multiple OS's which we all thot
was illegal) and apple will sell OS updates.

"Dude you're gettin a Dell" should make the average guy shiver in
abject terror.