[X4U] Re: Good Reading

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Mon Jul 18 08:42:06 PDT 2005

At 11:26 PM -0700, 7/17/05, Randy B.Singer wrote:

>RR said:
>
>>Absolutely,  Apple's opportunity is staggering given the gigantic
>>plague infesting the windoze world.
>

>On the other hand, I spoke at a show in Los Angeles a couple of weeks
>ago, and I played up the "no malware" angle.
>
>I spoke with some folks who had been in the audience, over drinks later,
>and they said that it wasn't a compelling argument for them, that they
>just run anti-viral software and that they don't have a problem with
>malware.
>
>So, I don't know. Is malware only a problem for Windows users who are
>idiots and who don't install anti-viral software?

Malware (Viruses, Pop-Ups, Browser Hijackers, Adware, etc) is not a
problem for the professionals that you were meeting with. And when
the professionals are guarding the corporate networks properly, it is
not a problem there as well. Unfortunately it is a problem for the
small business owners and home users who do not have the time to keep
up with the latest solutions nor do they have the desire to deal with
it. I think it is unfair for these users to be called idiots as they
are just expecting that their computers will operate properly.
Unfortunately they have bought into the belief that Windows is the
best solution when they need a computer. But even some of those users
really do have to run Windows and as such, they are the ones that we
should really feel bad for.
--

Robert Ameeti

A woman never forgets the men she could have had; a man, the women he couldn't.