[X4U] Another Finder Folder Question

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Mon Jul 18 12:35:01 PDT 2005

On 07/18/05, revDAVE <coolcat at hostalive.com> wrote:
> Way back in OS 9 - I could go to a Finder window in list view, and let's
> say inside the window was a bunch of sub folders ... At this point I could
> click:
>
> Command - A = select all
> Command - option - LEFT ARROW =  compact all folders
>
> This also works in Panther 10.3.9 however the next time I open a window it
> does not remember where was last left ... And all the folders are open
> again. The only way to get them all closed is individually click the
> triangle on each sub folder manually ... Yuck! In OS 9 - it used to remember
> how we last left it ...
>
> Question: is there some way to do this ( get it to remember where you last
> left it would be above keystrokes or something like it) in Panther 10.3.9?

Known bug filed in April, with this reply from Apple: "After further review
it has been determined that the feedback you provided is known to
engineering and a solution is currently under investigation." File your own
and maybe increased numbers of complaints will get them to fix it.

Join Apple's ADC at <http://connect.apple.com/MemberSite> (it's free and
also provides you an opportunity, if you wish to exercise it, to download
developmental software). Then use the bug reporter at
<https://bugreport.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/RadarWeb> (which requires
the ADC membership username and password) to submit bug reports or
enhancement requests.

Once these are documented (you get a unique number when you submit them),
you can track their status, append additional information, and receive
feedback from engineering. This allows you to establish a two-way dialog,
albeit may not be timely, with your
problem/concern/shortcoming/suggestion/etc. and those in power to fix the
problem or add the enhancement.