Activity Monitor won't launch (was: [X4U] widgets)

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Wed Jul 20 13:38:13 PDT 2005

On 07/19/05, Kunga <Kunga at FutureMedia.org> wrote:

> I just noticed that my Tiger's Activity Monitor refuses to launch. Bug?

Possibly. Create a new admin user account, log into it, and see if it works
there. If so, then drag the com.apple.ActivityMonitor.plist  out of the
original user's pref folder, log back into the original, and launch
Activity Monitor. If not, then there's system-wide corruption. You can
either check your user and system plist files with Preferential Treatment
or reinstall the latest Tiger Combo update and see if that fixes things.