[X4U] Re: Refreshing the Network Choices

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Fri Jul 22 11:54:14 PDT 2005

On 7/21/05 8:48 AM, "Timothy Luoma" <lists at tntluoma.com> wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2005, at 11:22 AM, revDAVE wrote:
>
>> On 7/18/05 4:06 PM, "revDAVE" <coolcat at hostalive.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Sometimes the network choices in the finder get messed up. Is
>>> there a way to refresh the network - without rebooting?
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way - or ...
>>>
>>> I know nothing about Unix - but maybe there is a terminal command
>>> for this?
>>
>> I still could use some help - if anyone has any ideas on this...
>
> Maybe you missed it or didn't get it, but...
>

> On Jul 19, 2005, at 1:02 AM, Timothy Luoma wrote:
>
>> What do you mean by "messed up"?
>

> I still have no idea what you mean by "messed up" and don't want to
> suggest anything drastic before you fill in a little more detail.
>
> TjL

Hello Timothy - yes - in fact did miss your e-mail the first time because
the program entourage has trouble sorting threads with slight variations in
the subject line:

Re: [X4U] Refreshing the Network Choices

Vs

[X4U] Re: Refreshing the Network Choices

...... DO you have any idea by the way ... why this happens with different
people's replies?  Is there any way to fix entourage at my end, so that all
threads will show consistently, despite slight subject line changes?

 Anyway, to answer your question ...

Basically, when I first boot-up Panther 10.3.9,  the network tab in the
Finder will display all available servers ... However, after the computer
has been on for some time ... Either several hours or days... Sometimes the
network tab in the Finder will not display servers that are currently
on-line ( and were working previously)...

The only way I currently know around the problem - is to reboot the
computer...

It seems as though, if there was some kind of magic " network refresh "
button - that  might solve the problem - (and go out and look for all
available servers on the network) ... But I don't know if that magic button
exists... Does it?

Or ... possibly there is some kind of Unix command To take care of this?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com
[db-lists]