[X4U] Kernel Panics When Shutting Down

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Wed Jul 27 10:44:38 PDT 2005

I upgraded recently from 10.3.9 to Tiger 10.4.1.

 More than 30 percent of the time - when I shut down the computer or restart
- at the very end - I will get a kernel panic.

-  this is a second computer -  and older G4 single-processor 450 - and I'm
hardly using it at all - mainly just safari - Norton anti virus 10.0.1 and a
few little programs like tex-edit etc...

-  I am using Canon printer driver software however...

-  I have shut down most of the system preferences that might be
problematic... The only ones running now are my Logitech mouse software ..

Q: Does anybody know what's causing these kernel panics during shutdown?

-  I could upgrade to Tiger 10.4.2 - however I would like to solve this
problem first ...

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com