[X4U] Kernel Panics When Shutting Down

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Jul 27 11:53:41 PDT 2005

On Jul 27, 2005, at 12:58 PM, Richard Clark wrote:

> Don't think that is the problem because i don't have norton and
> have the same thing.
> Richard

I'll second that. We're seeing the same problem with an iMac DV here.
It was an upgrade install from Panther (which I think was an upgrade
install from Jaguar). No Norton stuff, tried repairing drive/fixing
permissions. Nothing we've tried has solved the problem yet.

The person who's using that particular computer is leaving for
another job on the first, so I don't want to do anything "major"
until then (its not a critical problem). Next week I'll format the
drive and do a clean install to see if that works. If anyone finds a
solution before then I'm all ears.

-Mike