[X4U] Kernel Panics When Shutting Down

Bill Lamb blamb at cox-internet.com
Wed Jul 27 12:54:06 PDT 2005

On Jul 27, 2005, at 2:46 PM, Richard Clark wrote:

> I would agree but the kernel panics never happened before tiger and
> they both started at the same time after install of tiger. The emac
> is also only about 6 months old.

My brother's eMac also started having kernel panics and displaying
other weird behavior (freezes, spinning beach balls, etc.) after
upgrading to Tiger.

Extensive hardware tests showed no problems, but I eventually pulled
a stick of third-party RAM, and the problems cleared immediately. The
vendor replaced the RAM for free, and he's had no problems since.

RAM may not be your problem, but upgrading to Tiger apparently
brought out a RAM problem on my brother's eMac.

B I L L  L A M B  |  blamb at cox-internet.com