[X4U] WAAAY OT: Server Class Drives - Mac Mini.

David Ledger dledger at ivdcs.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 31 23:46:10 PDT 2005

>From: Randy B.Singer <randy at macattorney.com>
>m i l e s said:
>>Hmmmm perhaps I wasn't clear....at this point the issue is not about
>>size of the drive (100g), its about stability.  I need a server class
>>drive running at 7200rpms, in the 60g range that doesn't cost more
>>than 150 bux.  Ive got to buy 5 of these drives, as I just bought 5
>>minis to swap out the drives with....ya feelin' me dawg ?
>
>Why would I feel your dog?  8-{D
>
>I've never heard of a "server class" 2.5-inch drive before.  (Servers
>don't use 2.5-inch drives.)

Some of the new & upcoming big disc arrays use 2.5" drives. They've
been using 2.5" drive sized platters in 3.25" cases for some time due
to the extra stiffness of the smaller platter.

David

--
David Ledger - Freelance Unix Sysadmin in the UK.
Chair of HPUX SysAdmin SIG of hpUG technical user group (www.hpug.org.uk)
david.ledger at ivdcs.co.uk
www.ivdcs.co.uk