[X4U] Apple to move to Intel (Reuters)

Ted Burton egburton at cableone.net
Fri Jun 3 20:28:42 PDT 2005

At 7:27 PM -0700 on 6/3/05, Zane H. Healy spoke about [X4U] Apple to
move to Intel (Reuters) thusly:

>"SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Computer Inc. plans to announce on
>Monday that it will switch to using Intel Corp's microprocessors and
>phase out its current chip supplier, International Business Machines
>Corp., CNET News.com reported late on Friday."
>
>For the complete and rather long story:
>http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050604/wr_nm/tech_apple_intel_dc

I had to look at my watch to make sure this was not April 1st.

While everyone is looking at Apple with Intel-inside, they are
doubtless overlooking that it likely  would mean MacOS X on Intel.
That would be to take dead aim at Windows on Windows own hardware
platform.

Well, WWDC is only a few days away, and if it's true or not we'll
hear about it within a week.
--

I am a Christian Democrat.
Jesus Christ was a Jew, and a Liberal.