[X4U] Apple to move to Intel (Reuters)

Ted Burton egburton at cableone.net
Sat Jun 4 08:18:43 PDT 2005

At 9:39 PM -0700 on 6/3/05, Zane H. Healy spoke about Re: [X4U] Apple
to move to Intel (Reuters) thusly:

>>While everyone is looking at Apple with Intel-inside, they are
>>doubtless overlooking that it likely  would mean MacOS X on Intel.
>>That would be to take dead aim at Windows on Windows own hardware
>>platform.
>>
>>Well, WWDC is only a few days away, and if it's true or not we'll
>>hear about it within a week.
>
>If this is true, and I for one hope that it is, I personally expect
>they'll be demoing an x86 version at WWDC this year.  I'd be *VERY*
>surprised if Apple hasn't continued to do builds on x86 over the
>years.  Remember the original copies of Rhapsody ran on x86

As for Rhapsody, true enough -- but Rhapsody is dead and buried with
a stake through its heart. Among the first Jobs' deeds after Apple
merged with Next and he returned to Apple as CEO was to kill Rhapsody
and substitute what became OS X.

What with the noise about CISC and RISC,  IBM being the latter and
Intel the former;  what with some considerable Wintel viri
exploitation of the Intel CPU's themselves; what with the new IBM
(jargon escapes me at the moment) chip array as CPU with attendant
considerable parallel processing capabilities; I can't imagine Jobs
switching.  If Intel has finally come up with RISC and is about to
let it out of the closet, then maybe.

Day after tomorrow.

Intel in Apple is made to order for US v Intel for anti-trust.
--

I am a Christian Democrat.
Jesus Christ was a Jew, and a Liberal.