[X4U] Apple to move to Intel

Jeffrey Stormshak jsstormshak at comcast.net
Sat Jun 4 09:04:56 PDT 2005

I would really like to know where Apple is coming from and what
"true" advancement they will have buy selling all Macs with the
dreaded "Intel Inside".  Are they trying to align themselves as an
"UNIX based PC platform" such as those Intel/AMD workstations already
running any Linux Distro?  if so, those desktops are not growing in
leaps nor bounds -

I've spent years trying to find a "Solid" platform and after trying a
loaded Win XP Pro system using AMD chips, nothing beats the fully
loaded G5.  I could never imagine trying to use Apple's Motion, DVD
Studio, Macromedia Studio, importing Video, using numerous
applications, X-Windows and other UNIX tools, etc without having to
reboot to gain back unallocated RAM...  Point of fact, I never could
find the tools and applications for XP that would execute like those
on the PowerMac thus why the (25) Million current user base.

Once the announcement is made, this will be the biggest "kick in
teeth" I've personally ever had done to me.  I guess the G5 at that
point can be placed in to corner with the other has-been systems -
I'll set mine next to my C64 and Amiga3000.

I'm glad vendors would rather build something for the "little guys"
and forget the Power users who has kept them in business in the first
place -
I digress -