[X4U] Apple to move to Intel

Jeffrey Stormshak jsstormshak at comcast.net
Sat Jun 4 09:33:48 PDT 2005

Does anyone know or experience what Apple did when it changed from
68x to PPC concerning software products (besides recompiling for the
new chipset)??

Could you imagine having to buy an new Mac with Intel inside and to
have to ditch several thousand dollars of software from your old
PowerMac since they where compiled for the PPC in the first place?
Is Apple offering automatic/free updates for its consumer base?
Apple's Motion, DVD Pro and Macromedia alone was over $2200.00.  Not
to mention VPC7, Music Software, numerous OS X Tools, etc.  Or do
they assume, just buy the Intel version instead and eBay the rest -

Just curious - or is it too soon to tell??

PS: The note of my reboot issue is that I find myself *more*
Productive on this Architecture than other platforms using Intel and
AMD - even though I give AMD a close second place.   ;-)

J.