[X4U] Video (MPEG2) Help, PLEASE -

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sat Jun 4 12:59:18 PDT 2005

On Jun 3, 2005, at 8:41 PM, Jeffrey Stormshak wrote:

> Kevin -
> How did they turn out (video quality-wise) when you play them on
> any TV??  Have you viewed it via a Progressive Scan DVD Player?
> The reason I ask is that my DVDs are turning out with really bad
> skid-ish movement of fast moving items such as Titles, Hand
> Movements, etc.  I'm assuming that its because I haven't found the
> correct setting for this during the export process - Of course,
> none of this happens on my Apple Monitor nor DVD Player, nor
> Quicktime 7.x as well.  Go figure -
>
> Just wanted to get your thoughts and results from your feedback -
> Thanks in advance -
> J.

     The programs recorded from the TV turned out pretty good.  I do
notice a little flicker once in a while, but not too bad.  The stuff
I record from VHS tapes is a little worse. But then again, so is the
source.  I don't know if there is a way to clean them up or not.  I
have noticed that when recording, I can't really use any other apps.
or the video and sound will be out of sync, and it will lose a lot of
the quality.
     All of them look a lot better when played on TV with a
progressive scan DVD player.  The VHS recordings have a blurry line
at the bottom when viewed on my monitor.  I read somewhere that it
was for closed captioning or something like that.  It doesn't show up
on regular TV though.
     None of it is professional grade by any means, but to me it is
tolerable.  Plus a spindle case of 100 DVD's takes up a lot less
space than 100 VHS tapes.

Thanks,

Kevin