[X4U] iSight cable

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Jun 6 01:36:35 PDT 2005

Jan Melichar said:

>I would like to be able to have the iSight camera much further from
>the computer then the cable that came with it allows but I seem to
>remember that there was some issue with longer cables or their
>quality. Any advice on this would be welcome.

Actually it might be hard to find a FireWire cable of lower quality than
the one that comes with the iSight.  In several instances that cable was
implicated with users losing data from their external FireWire hard drive
when it was connected at the same time as an iSight, when Panther first
came out.

Here is a 10-foot ultra premium 6-pin to 6-pin FireWire cable for only
$10:
http://www.trianglecables.com/10footfiri132.html

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html