[X4U] Video (MPEG2) Help, PLEASE -

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Mon Jun 6 17:14:07 PDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 2:58 PM, Jeffrey Stormshak wrote:

> Kevin and Nick -
> Thanks for your feedback concerning my MPEG2 issue - I've found a
> work-around, I'm not sure this is the most effective way to
> accomplish this but here is what I've done - (Wasted about (8)DVDs
> though) - Please provide any thoughts/feedback, if you wish -
> Thanks again -
>
> 1) Take original EyeTV (.mpg) File import it into mpgStreamClip and
> Export it into (DV) Format using the "DeInterlacing" option.
> 2) Use Apple's Compressor using any Preset (I used DVD 60min - High
> Quality) and compress both the Video and create the PCM Audio.
> 3) Import both files into DVD Studio and burn the DVD.
>
> Insert DVD into Progressive Scan DVD Player and enjoy what your
> lengthy efforts has brought forth.
> J.

     Do you happen to have iLife '05 by chance?  The version of
iMovie HD that comes with it supports larger mpg files than the
previous version.  Also, iDVD which comes with it works with iMovie
HD to encode and burn your mpg files.  It just seems like a lot of
steps to go through that way.
     That is the whole reason I purchased iLife.  It has been well
worth the money to me, but that is just my opinion.  Maybe something
to consider.

Thanks,

Kevin