[X4U] Couple questions on Apples move to Intel

Michael Gmail mgrant at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:41:54 PDT 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 10:22 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> 2. Will they continue to build hardware, or just sell the OS?  Or
> will the OS be available to purchase and run on non-Apple HW.
> (somehow I doubt any of these details have been revealed)

This one has been answered, by Phil Schiller: they "will not allow
running Mac OS X on anything other than an Apple Mac". <http://
news.com.com/Apple+throws+the+switch,+aligns+with+Intel/
2100-7341_3-5733756.html>

It's not clear just how much effort they intend to put into
preventing it. Personally, I hate seeing smart people put active work
into making their products less useful to the end-user (DRM, anyone?).

Michael

--
<http://globalocal.blogspot.com/>

In a few years we'll all be speaking Amish anyway.