[X4U] Couple questions on Apples move to Intel

James Jones jsjones at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 08:55:29 PDT 2005

1) I'd expect this question to be answered at the WWDC sessions over
remainder of the week, but evidently not, based on the link Michael
Peterson posted. In any case, PPC Macs* will be on the market through
2007. That should give you time to learn just about any replacement
for ClarisDraw you might consider.

2) Macs will be Macs and other Intel-based PCs won't be. A Dell PC,
for example, won't have Mac ROMs, so it won't boot OS X without
modification. Likewise, an Intel Mac won't have an IBM PC BIOS clone,
so it's not going to run Windows.

3) It was a pretty open secret, but, no, not ever remotely surprised.

*The first Intel Macs will undoubtedly be PowerBooks and models that
would benefit from low power/cooler-running processors, such as the
Mac mini.