[X4U] Couple questions on Apples move to Intel

Ted Burton egburton at cableone.net
Tue Jun 7 10:17:07 PDT 2005

At 8:55 AM -0700 on 6/7/05, James Jones spoke about Re: [X4U] Couple
questions on Apples move to Intel thusly:

>2) Macs will be Macs and other Intel-based PCs won't be. A Dell PC,
>for example, won't have Mac ROMs, so it won't boot OS X without
>modification. Likewise, an Intel Mac won't have an IBM PC BIOS
>clone, so it's not going to runWindows.

My understanding is that an Intel-based Mac will run Windows, but not
all PC's will run OS X. Schiller said 'yes' to run Windows, but asked
why anyone would want to. (marketer speak).
--

I am a Christian Democrat.
Jesus Christ was a Jew, and a Liberal.