[X4U] Couple questions on Apples move to Intel

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Jun 7 10:55:27 PDT 2005

Michael Peterson wrote:
> Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
> > I realize that details are obviously very sketchy right now, however,
> > there are a couple things that I'm wondering if anything has said
> > anything about.
> >
> > 1. Will Mac OS X/x86 be able to run classic apps?  If not, it had
> > better be able to run my shrink wrapped copy of ClarisDraw for Windows
> > reliably somehow!
> >
> Looks like the answer is no for the first half of the question.
> http://daringfireball.net/2005/06/classic_not_supported

I rather expected this, and I think I can live with it.  If nothing else,
I still have my G4/450 AGP and other Mac's that can run the Classic Mac OS
native.  Seriously, I have seen the writting on the wall for the better part
of 10 years with ClarisDraw.  I think the last update was in '95 or '96, and
the current version dates back to '94 or '95.  I *really* wish Apple had
continued development of it, as it's a very nice app.

I think there is a real business opportunity here from some software
company.  I'm guessing there will be quite a few people in the market for a
Classic Mac emulator for their Mac OS X/x86 systems.

I just realized, this means all the software I wrote will no longer
work...  Of course one hasn't worked right since Mac OS 8 came out.

		Zane