[X4U] Apple's move to Intel chips

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 21:36:56 PDT 2005

I think what everyone is referring to is that it might be possible to
have Windows loaded in an emulation environment that would be able to
run on its native processor.  Sort of like when I would run MOL (Mac-
on-Linux) with a PPC Linux distro.  Not quite as fast as the real
thing, but MUCH faster than running through software emulation.

The issue with "not EVEN" all Mac apps not running is that currently
most Mac apps are PPC-specific.  It might be more of a stretch to get
them working, depending on how they're coded, than it would running
native Windows code in an emulation environment.

Michael